||NETWORK MEDICAL ASSISTANT
||FLOAT POOL - 715580
||Kettering Health Physician Network
||Full-time or Part-time
||This unique part-time, benefits eligible, opportunity will allow your talents and skills to be strategically utilized at multiple physician practices within the Kettering Network. As a part of the MA Float team, under the supervision of the physician, you will get to serve your patient-guests by providing direct patient care and through performing other various office functions. Part of your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Gives instructions to patients as instructed by doctor.
Takes blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration.
Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by the nurse or physician(s). *khncb2012*
Assists with any procedures that have been taught through formal training or by licensed nurse or physician(s).
Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of physician(s) and for which training has been given.
Keeps medical records in accordance to procedures and forms.
Follows principles of medical ethics for medical assistant.
Keeps rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, washes and dries instruments used, and prepares sterilization as required.
May be requested to substitute for other office personnel and conduct responsibilities of receptionist/front desk.
Any other assigned duties by physician(s) or practice manager.
||• Completion of an accredited program that meets nationally accepted standards – certificate or degree in Medical Assisting or Medical Office Management
• Credentialing (CMA, RMA, CCMA, or NCMA) is required for anyone with a start date of 1/1/14 or after.
• 2-3 years of related experience preferred
Knowledge, Abilities and Experience:
• Previous experience in a medical environment preferred
• Office practice knowledge required to include examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments, common safety hazards and precautions, confidentiality/discretion
• Patient, courteous, and tactful
• Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and the public
• Ability to follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks
• Computer literate word processing, email, experience in electronic medical records preferred.
• Epic experience strongly desired.
||Send This Job to a Friend